Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bears and camera settings!!

Hi folks
to date The Planet Tour has logged over 4000km and we have just started! This does not include the 15,000 test kms I did the last 2 seasons.
I have seen 3 bears so far and one was a grizzly right alongside the road. I will show that in episode 5.
Yesterday while driving back from a show in Grande Cache AB I was on the Columbia Icefield Parkway which has some spectacular views. Then it was thru Banff National Park so I decided to do the Bow Valley Parkway as chances of spotting wildlife are always good on that road at dusk.
This is when I saw bear number 3 in as many weeks. A medium sized black bear wandered across the highway. I hastily retrieved my new camcorder from my tank bag. In my excitement I did not notice it was set to still pics (it doubles as a regular camera). I was more worried about making a clean getaway incase Yogi suddenly changed course. As such, no video or pics and then....my battery died. Sigh... more gear to buy!!
Episodes will be coming a bit faster now. A few teething problems at first, as we get the logistics figured out on the best way to get video from the road to the editor.
If you wish to see more episodes more often you can help in 2 ways.
1- I need more people to subscribe to the show as sponsors only think in terms of numbers. Also please share the video links with as many people as you can because hits are good too
2- be the coolest person in your 'hood with the limited edition "I helped launch The Planet Tour" T-shirt available on the website.
The store is up and running.
Money raised from the T-shirts goes to help pay for my support team. There are people in the background that are all part of this fun project. Lynda who manages the business and office end of things and of course my editor(s).
We have them with The Planet Tour logo in blue for the dudes and pink for the chicks.
By the way if you are offended by the use of the term "chick" you're probably not the kind of broad that should be watching the show....no offense to the dames and skirts
;-)
If you order now I am throwing in a copy of my first comedy album "Herding The Sheeple" in MP3 for your iTunes or personal MP3 player as my thank you.

If you wish for The Planet Tour to stop into your town or business please contact us to arrange it.
info@theplanettour.com

Thanks for following along and please share the road safely with motorcycles and all others.
Cheers
Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment