Tuesday, September 14, 2010

l

I left the Wharf Rat Rally feeling good about the experience but sad to say good bye. I know I will return as I have an invite from the rally organizers.
Night time at Wharf Rat
I snapped this pic at night with a flash and ended up with a floating crosswalk sign that glows like an icon on the screen. Sure some of the pic is out of focus but I just enjoy the way it turned out.

I left Digby and picked a great road, Highway 1, that hugged the coastline and was rewarded with an amazing view of the famous tides of Fundy which are reported to be the highest in the world...or the lowest when it is low tide. I happened along at low tide and was amazed at how far the water retreats along this area.
Looking like someone has drained the ocean I had to stop for some video. I have extracted a frame for you to see of some of the upcoming images.
Low tide - Bay of Fundy
Later that same day I veered off the superslab of the TransCanada in New Brunswick and followed a Highway 105 on the other side of the St John River.
Upon reaching the small town of Harland I was greeted with a cool site. A covered bridge. I have always wanted to see one up close as there are none where I live. As it turns out not only did I scratch off a bucket list item but I did it with the LONGEST COVERED BRIDGE IN THE WORLD!!
Very cool. I stopped for some pics and video. Here are some pics to check out as well as a link.
Sometimes the best stuff on the road is free.
More updates to come.
Cheers and be safe all.
Daryl

No comments:

Post a Comment