Monday, July 18, 2011

She has a name!!

Well after a few weeks of running a contest, some debating amongst my esteemed panel of judges (read-drinking buddies) plus an online poll of the best contenders one name has emerged victorious over all others.
I shall now refer to my new bike as Wild Blue Mama - Road Seductress or Wild Blue or Wild Blue Mama for short.
A close second was Touresa, which had a nice ring to it, but did not follow the contest rules. The first letter of the bike's name had to come from one of the letters in the factory monicker (K1200RS). Hmmm, no T in there but Touresa  is a cool name none the less. Perhaps I'll use it for my second bike I plan on buying in the fall. One can never have enough bikes.


Road Seductress...I suppose so as I have already put almost 10,000 km on her since getting the plates and registration done just a month and a half ago.
Her first trip was a helluva test for an unknown bike. We just released the video of the maiden voyage.


Episode 12,  the return leg will be out soon.

This week I'll be riding Wild Blue Mama out to the KGB show in Crawford Bay, BC. Come join me for the funniest outdoor show this summer. Maybe we can go for a ride and you can chase Wild Blue Mama  thru a few twisties?

Once she is parked for the night I'll be at my campsite sipping a few cold ones. Please bring more ! It can get very dry around a campfire.

So far I have been very impressed with the bike.
 It has great power with the same fuel economy of my old bike. It handles like a dream. The comfort level is much better than my old bike and I cannot say enough about how awesome it is to have real cruise control for the straight sections. It gives much needed relief to the right wrist after holding the throttle down for hours.
I do have one small niggling complaint and it is one I have with many motorcycle manufacturers. The windshield (or windscreen if your prefer) is made for a runt! I'm talking a runt of 5'9" or shorter. Have the factories not clued into the fact that many many riders, especially in North America, exceed 6 feet in height? Because of this too low windshield I am constantly buffeted and putting up with excessive wind noise. Even with earplugs it is a bit much on a long day and this bike was designed for long days in the saddle (which is a very comfy saddle for my meatless arse).
Currently I'm seeking a solution. I purchased a Laminar Lip that gave some relief but not enough. I am now looking into a taller windscreen to test. If you know of any progressive thinking company that makes one please let me know.
Cheers
Daryl and Wild Blue Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment