Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It has begun...will you be a part?


Hello Planet folks! The first chunk of travel and video has been done and is now in post production. My first webisode for The Planet Tour will be up this week with another to follow soon.
I am working as a one many crew doing the shooting, shot logging, travel and live shows on my own....and loving it!
My editor is frantically piecing it all together (and, I hope, loving it!)

This first leg of the journey was a trip to the west coast of Canada in the beautiful (and sometimes screwy) province of British Columbia. It is the kind of place that makes you want to live there...until you find out all the weird rules and fees (read taxes).
There are many there that pretend to be green yet they allow their city to build poorly designed roads that increase congestion and idling. There are some that encourage eco-friendly transport like bicycles yet their pathway system is far behind places like Calgary, which is often touted as an evil oil city. Odd as Calgary has the most extensive pathway system in North America, a train that runs on wind generated power, sewage treatment plants that put out water cleaner than they took out of the river. In short I feel my city is greener than those that pretend to be green.
Either way, it is always fun to visit the left coast, laugh at their hypocrisy and enjoy the views...while cursing their traffic.

What is on the first episode? Rain, a bear, more rain, a party, a rear tire that almost blew...did I mention rain?

Stopping in the Okanagan Valley on my way back the sky finally found its sun and the heat was too nice to not take advantage of, so I stayed an extra day. Stay tuned some cool video from the bike with my new GoPro Hero cam donated by Fusion Race Cars

The next thing is to do some more modifications to Suzy B. It seems with all the gear I have to pack I am at my limit for storage space. A top case trunk is in the works.
Do you want to be a part of The Planet Tour? Right now we have a limited number of "I helped launch The Planet Tour" T-shirts.
BUY YOUR SHIRT HERE
Payment can be made by PayPal.
Stay safe, share the road and enjoy the planet.
Peace
Daryl



No comments:

Post a Comment