Monday, August 2, 2010

The frustration of waiting

I've was back home for over a week to take care of many needed tasks to continue on with The Planet Tour. Getting some more work done to the bike is one of them. We just had the logo airbrushed on and are now searching for a top case to mount so I have more room for gear. Plus fixing the shudder in the front end which turned out to be a very expensive warped rotor. Didn't need that expense!

I would like to get the episodes out faster but the biggest hurdle thus far is funding. After last years economic meltdown many companies are a bit gun shy when it comes to spending money, yet all of them want to get more exposure for their product or service. My goal is to have the funds so an editor and their assistant/driver would be on the road in a car so I could meet up several times a day and give them the footage right away so that editing can begin. But of course that is 2 paycheques and travel expenses that just don't fit the budget at present.
The Planet Tour is a great place for a business to showcase their stuff but, I'll admit, the show concept is new so of course there is hesitation. The fear of the unknown!
If you want the to use the fear of the unknown try giving up a normal life to live on a motorcycle. Scary? hell yeah! Educational? You bet! Fun? For sure!. Rewarding? So far it has been. I will continue on and produce the best videos with the budget I have and it will continue to grow. I could sit around and wait for that big sponsor but figured...N'ah, they can try and catch me instead.


But I can hear you say "Daryl, you already have sponsors!"
Yes I do and I am grateful for their help thus far but they are in for a limited budget and product donations, but we can change that and this is where I need your help.
First, please invite others to watch and not just your riding buddies. I'm a comic and am used to appealing to a variety of people. The more people watching = more exposure for a sponsoring company. This will translate into a bigger budget.
Sponsors

Second We are still building our directory of approved services by area. If you know of any companies that wish to participate let us know. We promote the directory thru the videos, newsletter and more. Soon there will be a clickable map to help travellers locate services in the area they are.
Business Directory

Third
Show your support with a limited edition "I helped launch The Planet Tour" t-shirt. Fund from the sales go to paying my support staff.
The Planet Tour store

Lastly, if you have an interest in me showing up in your area and know of a venue to perform in please contact us thru the website.
Contact The Planet Tour

Off and running again to try and beat some rain
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment