Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Gringo sailing!


Hi folks
As I write this I am sailing through the Gulf of Mexico on my way to an alternate destination. When I say alternate destination I was referring to our redirection due to hurricane Paula that was threatening us if we continued on to Cozemel. The cruise line decided to sail to Veracruz rather than take the storm full on. Good call. I think I have been tossed around enough this past month.

Its as though one of my wishes had been granted I suddenly got a call to work a cruise ship in warm weather, which is just what I needed while I am on the mend. Perfect. Few distractions, free food and good show location with no commuting.
We left Galveston Texas on Monday and it has been nice to feel summer-like heat.

The shows have been fun as Carnival Cruise lines now allows a few R-rated shows during the week which is awesome. Nothing can lower the effect of comedy more than censorship of ideas and words. We still have to do a clean, family show but are allowed to let loose on the R-rated ones like a real comedy club. 
Keeping it short as internet time is pricey at sea.
Adios my amigos and amigas

2 comments:

  1. I just love it when you report live from a Planet Tour adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ENJOY!! Rock the boat Daryl, just not too much - would hate to see 'man overboard'...

    ReplyDelete